Feijoada

Posted on Tuesday, 10 October 2006 at 01:41.

Saturday night: two games of pool, then at midnight to Velha-A-Branca, a nice bar in downtown Braga. I think we left at 2-ish, walking eastwards, towards BA, another bar (this one students only) where I stayed at least an hour watching and playing table football. Back home I took a picture of the full moon with the narrowest angle and greatest resolution my camera can manage.

On Sunday Bruno was cooking for us: feijoada, a typical Brazilian dish. Tasty! There was also rice with garlic, couve with bacon and garlic, tomato-and-onion salad, and some very nice caipirinha which is slowly becoming my favourite drink. I was a little gassy afterwards, though. Then there was some guitar strummin’ as the sun slowly set. It was really nice weather, which is much appreciated after lots of rain in the past days.

And on Monday was the first Portuguese class in a while; there weren’t any last week because Sara, our teacher, went to Germany to a wedding. Then dinner in the canteen, then walking the half an hour to home. Earlier that day I’d done some exploring again, going to the Pingo Doce, a supermarket I hadn’t been before, and then to Santa Tecla’s shopping center. I bought some brie at Pingo Doce, but it’s yucky. Going for Minipreço’s again, next time. Then I went to the Carrefour and bought another poster and two pans. So I can finally cook some real stuff, now, instead of heating hot dogs in my teapot.

Comments

By A.E.T. on Tuesday, 10 October 2006 at 11:30:

:) Ooh, ziet er op het eerste gezicht eigenlijk best vies uit. Maar het was vast lekker ^.^ Mama was verbaast over je maan foto, heel mooi!

xD @ de noise-poster. :)

*hug*

A.E.T. :D

By Martijn on Tuesday, 10 October 2006 at 11:33:

Verbaast? Tamar, toch. =) Ja, het was erg lekker. En de maan is op m’n scherm groter dan in het echt, dus da’s mooi. =)

By Martien on Tuesday, 10 October 2006 at 15:58:

Hi Martijn,

Looks and sounds tasty. Appreciate the recipe. Can you ask Bruno to share it with us. Would like to make it here at home as well some time.

Thanks, love,

Dad.

By Martijn on Tuesday, 10 October 2006 at 17:25:

I’ll ask him!

By aura on Saturday, 21 October 2006 at 00:18:

Well, Martijn, you have a great website and your pictures are wonderfull. I really don’t understand how you manage to catch the best of Braga and of the Erasmus project. Thank you for making me and Oana be a part of your site, and we will keep visiting it and recommend it to all our friends. As the portuguese say, beijo!

By Martijn on Saturday, 21 October 2006 at 09:19:

You’re most welcome, Aura. =)

By johnny on Saturday, 21 October 2006 at 15:47:

looks great!!! Send us some, please!!! :)

Leave a comment!

Martijn loves to receive comments! Add yours by filling out the fields below.